Chain Store Sales (week ended 6/8/2013)
ICSC-Goldman Store Sales
– Store Sales Week/Week -2.7%. Previous was +1.9%
– Store Sales Year/Year +2.2%. Previous was +4.3%
– Store Sales Year/Year +2.8%. Previous was +2.9%
The Consumer Metrics Daily Absolute Demand Index of on-line discretionary spending was lower from June 2-8.
NFIB Small Business Optimism Index (May 2013)
– level 94.4. Previous was 92.1.
This is an index which averages 100. The outlook is better but still not great.
Wholesale Trade (April 2013)
– Inventories Month/Month +0.2%. Previous was 0.4%. This is the “I” in the formula for GDP=C+I+G+(X-M)
Markets today are (at least according to the big financial news web sites) concerned about an end to Fed stimulus.