901 Powell | The St. Elizabeth | No. 1
The gracious St. Elizabeth graces the eastern slope of Nob Hill, anchoring the northwest corner of Powell and Sacramento Streets. Built in 1912, by Houghton Sawyer, an architect renowned for his work before and after the 1906 earthquake, the building has been faithfully preserved by its loyal residents over the years. The classic Edwardian building features a gorgeous and dramatic curved staircase. Original woodwork, wainscoting, leaded glass windows, period lighting and the clang from the cable cars transport its homeowners back to the early 20th century.
No. 1 is a carefully updated and spacious studio with a large private patio garden area. Beautiful architectural details like large columns, a fireplace, crown moldings, and built in bookshelves harmonize with the building’s original design.