Today’s Originations linkfest on housing and rate markets. Kicking off with Todd Sullivan’s excellent piece on whether rising rates hurt the economy. My favorite piece of the week.
– Are higher mortgage rates bad for the economy? (Todd Sullivan, ValuePlays)
– Rates Rising Without Economic Growth Hurts Banks (Dakin Campbell, Bloomberg)
– Advice for realtors: Think Small (Sanette Tanake, WSJ)
– Jumbo loans make comeback as rates fall (Kathleen Pender, SFChronicle – with me)
– Residential construction recovery has a long way to go: CHARTS (SoberLook)
– Crazy Silicon Valley Property Market A Bit Less Crazy (Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman)