Today’s Originations linkfest on the housing recovery, home improvement trends, and the fate of the 30yr fixed loan.
– Josh Brown on why Justin Bieber and housing bulls need to slow down (ReformedBroker)
– Too much investor weight in this housing recovery? VIDEO (Aaron Task/Lauren Lyster, Yahoo)
– Is the 30 Year Fixed Loan Even Needed (MBA head David Stevens)
– If you’re self-employed, getting a mortgage could get harder (Rhonda Abrams, USAToday)
– Home Improvement trends from survey of 100,000 homeowners (read the Houzz survey)
The number of homeowners who say they will delay their projects because of the economy has dropped to 45 percent from 52 percent last year, and homeowners are more likely to cut back in other areas, such as vacations and other big ticket purchases, rather than delay or decrease budgets for their home plans. While improving the look and feel of the space is still the key driver for recently completed projects (83 percent), the number of homeowners who remodeled to increase their home value has increased to 54 percent from 47 percent in 2012.