Initial Jobless Claims (week ended 8/17/2013)
– New Claims (seasonally adjusted) 336,000. Previous was 320,000
– 4-week Moving Average 330,5000. Previous was 332.000
– Initial Claims (unadjusted) 279,026 a decrease of 3,997 from the previous week.
The jobs market appears healthier that it has been over the past 5 years. What remains to be seen is the nature of the jobs being created. Are we creating more full-time jobs or continuing to create more part-time jobs?
FHFA House Price Index (June 2013)
– Month/Month +0.7% same as previous. – Year/Year +7.7%
These are prices of homes financed with FNMA of FHLMC loans.
Leading Economic Indicators (July 2013)
– Leading Indicators Month/Month was +0.6%. Previous reading was +0.0%,
This is a weighted average of 10 pieces of data and is produced by the Conference Board.
Kansas City Federal Reserve Manufacturing Index (August 2013)
– Index Level +8. Previous was +6.
This is a monthly survey index of manufacturers in the 10th Federal Reserve District. I have always though it strange that 2 of the 12 Federal Reserve Districts (Kansas City and St. Louis) are headquartered in the state of Missouri.