S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index (March 2013)
– 20-city Seasonally Adjusted – Month/Month +1.1%. Previous was +1.3%.
– 20-city Not Seasonally Adjusted – Month/Month +1.4%. Previous was +0.3%
– 20-city Not Seasonally Adjusted – Year/Year +10.9%. Previous was +9.3%.
This was the largest year/year increase since April 2006. Note that this report actually averages three months worth of data so that it reflects prices for January-March. Year/Year Phoenix was up 22.5% and San Francisco was up 22.2%.
Consumer Confidence (May 2013)
– Consumer Confidence Level 76.1 up from previous 69.0. This is supposed to measure consumers’ predisposition to spend. This is the highest reading since February 2008.
Richmond Fed Manufacturing Index (May 2013)
– Level change was -2. Previous was -6.
This is a survey index.
Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey (May 2013)
– Business Activity Index -10.5. Previous was -15.6
– Production Index +11.2. Previous was -0.5.
This report is mixed showing an improvement in manufacturing but a negative outlook in general business conditions. This is also a survey index.