GDP (1st revision for 2ndQ2013)
– Real (inflation adjusted) GDP Quarter/Quarter (seasonally adjusted, annualized) 2.5%. Previous was 1.7%
– GDP price Deflator Quarter/Quarter (seasonally adjusted, annualized) 0.8%. Previous was +0.7%.
The changes came largely from exports (+1.11%) and investments (+0.90%.)
Real per-capita disposable income improved and it is now reported to have increased by an annualized $228 from quarter to quarter
Jobless Claims (week ended 8/24/2013)
– New Claims (seasonally adjusted) 331,000. Previous revised to 337,000
– 4-week Moving Average 331,250. Previous was 330,500
– New Claims (unadjusted) totaled 277,359 in the week ending August 24, a decrease of 2,959 from the previous week.
Corporate Profits (2ndQ2013)
– After-tax Profits Year/Year +5.8%. Previous was +3.5%.